October 18, 2013

Craft Your Pearl Jam: Day Twelve

Todays Friday Groove.
One of my favorite songs by Pearl Jam is entirely due to the words. The music is great, don't get me wrong, but it's the lyrics that drew me in.

I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to remain present. In the now. It's not easy to do.

Pearl Jam's song Present Tense has been immortalized on our walls in a DIY project I completed last year, inspired by Matthew Heller.




It's been said, "If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you at peace you are living in the present"... Lao Tzu

Therefor the only place to truly be happy is... Present Tense.
 
Focusing on the present, tonight is my second 2013 show at the Barclay Center. Very excited to be sharing this evening (and tomorrow night, quite frankly) with my honey and super fan, Aunt Norma and her great husband Uncle Marty.