August 29, 2013

Craft Your Happiness: The Art of Gift Giving

Nothing brings me more happiness than gift-giving. Actually, it's the reaction of the person receiving the gift that brings the joy.

For the last 4 months I've been plotting and scheming, looking for just the right good-by gifts for people I work with. For the ladies in the office I purchased Hamsa hand bracelets which have significant meaning to me. 

A Hamsa hand, which is a sign of protection that also represents a sign of protection that also represents blessings, power and strength and is seen as a potent in deflecting the evil eye.

There are other key players: A gardener,  a new home owner, a fashionista, a theater buff and our fearless leader.

Here are the results:
For the gardener a customized watering can.


For the new home owner, living on a lake is not the same without the River Raft II.

For the fashionista I  whipped up a pretty blouse with her favorite colors.

For the theater buff, with a little help of photoshop, I couldn't resist doing a recreation of Billy Elliot.


and for the most important person. My boss. She's a master theater goer so I enlisted the help of my co-workers asking each of them to write a of few words of gratitude to include in the Who's Who section of a DIY  playbill.  I took photos around the office, did a little photo-shopping, ending up with a super great gift. She was so grateful, and that means everything to me.