July 8, 2013

Craft Your Happiness: Celebrating 50 years

If we are not grateful for each thing in our lives, we are unintentionally taking those things for granted. Taking things for granted is a major cause of negativity. When we take things for granted we're not giving thanks in return, and we stop the magic from happening in our life.



As a gift, to my parents celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, my sister and I are taking them on a 10 day trip to Italy. They've never been to Europe.

As much as a gift it is for them, it's really an expression of my gratitude. 

I am grateful for....
  • their unconditional love. My mom and dad have different political and spiritual beliefs than me, but no matter what they love me just the same. 
  • their open door policy. I moved away from home at the end of my teenage years. Luckily, I've been able to stand on my own two feet but if  ever needed I could come home.
  • their ability to make me never feel we always had enough, even if we didn't have enough.
  • never pressuring me to get married, have kids or do anything that wasn't my idea.