May 2, 2013

Craft Your Inner Chef: No Bake Desserts

Trying to balance a busy work schedule with life's other enjoyments, like baking, has become increasingly difficult.

There was a time I'd find an interesting dessert recipe and test the results on my honey and co-workers.

It's been such a long time since I've done anything in the kitchen it was time to find recipes that didn't require baking or significant amount of time. Especially now that warm weather is on the horizon. No need to bake while baking. (bad joke)


Here are a few recipes worthy of trying:





No bake chocolate eclair dessert (from Kitchen is my playground)


No bake Strawberry Icebox cake (from The Kitchn)



Icebox Banana Cheesecake (from The Kitchn) 


Simple Tiramisu (from gastronomer's guide) 
I've never made Tiramisu but really think this recipe could be a staple in my wheelhouse.


and there's always these, quick go-to whipper-upper's

This one also seems like a little bit of a no-brainer!
Nutella on toasted angel food cake. (from Apples and Onions)


That should be a great start to our summer feasting!