April 6, 2013

Craft your Inner Chef: Jalapeño Infused Margaritas

Spicy drinks are my new favorite thing. Last night I had my first Bloody Mary. I've always wanted to like a Bloody Mary, with all the rich flavors and spices, just  never liked the taste of tomato juice.

But given this particular brand of Bloody Mary mix, Zing Zang, combined with a jalapeño flavored vodka, I was a buyer.

Prior to going out, however, we enjoyed our own special brew of jalapeño infused margaritas.
The recipe is easy. Select any brand of tequila, slice one or two jalapeños (depending on how spicy/hot you prefer) into "wheels", toss them into the tequila and let soak for a good ten, twelve hours.

When it's ready, mix with any brand margarita mix. We also scooped a few spoonfuls of crushed pineapple. The spice really gives the margarita a nice kick.