March 25, 2013

Craft Your Happiness: I Heart NYC

Yesterday The NY Times ran an article about an upcoming book entitled:
“Mapping Manhattan: A Love (and Sometimes Hate) Story in Maps by 75 New Yorkers.”  

Writer, Becky Cooper, started an interesting project. She printed a bunch of blank maps of NYC, handed them out to random New Yorkers and included a self-addressed stamped envelope. The instructions were simple. Fill in the map with whatever best captures your experience of the city. She received quite a few responses, one notably from Yoko Ono (she mailed one directly to her)

It's easy to have a love affair with NYC. It offers something for everyone, except silence of course. There's no place I'd rather live and no place that is as close to my heart as the people in my life.

In NYC, no one cares if you wear bright pink lipstick to work, or a goofy hat when it rains or fake eyelashes to a casual dinner. (yes, that's me.)You can be as many versions of yourself as you want. The great thing, NYC embraces it all.

Here's my quickie map:

Give it a try: