December 16, 2012

Craft Your Better Self: Holiday Burn-out

Today was a day of lazy and rest. It wasn't planned that way, but I responded to my body when it refused to get out of bed until 11:30am.

Last night we hosted a family party. It had all the elements; booze, high calorie food items, kids laughing followed by kids crying. Do they ever grow out of that, crying for no reason? I guess if I still do it, the answer is no. But today I'm exhausted from it.

I was able to do a quick shop for an ugly holiday sweater and came up short. I bought a regular sweater that was pretty ugly, and now have another DIY project on my plate to make it Christmas ugly. ugh. Not what I plannedd but will give it a shot. Not today  of course.

Take away the DIY projects, baking, crafting, planning and you're only left with memories. This weekend I will see my sister and her family (my parents, who are snowbirds, will be in Florida.) I've also made plans to connect with my friends. That's what it's all about right? If you're not being with the ones you love, you're doing it wrong.