November 9, 2012

Craft Your Happiness: Life Begins on Friday Night


Today it's Friday. I'm relieved. Since Hurricane Sandy life hasn't felt been right. For so many people,  impacted by the storm, their life will never be the same.

In a few days I leave for Haiti, to assist another community that hasn't been right for a very long time. (Understatement?) People tell me how wonderful it is to be helping other people. Truth be told, I don't know how much help I'll be. I fear I'll be the bumbling fool getting in everyone's way and being more a nuisance than help.

I'm not a saint (not by a long shot). Volunteer work isn't this holier than thou, altruistic act. It makes me feel good. Really good. That's why I do it.

But tonight it's about relaxing and doing selfish things that also make me feel good. A little exercise at the gym, followed by drinks, dinner and laughs with my honey and some friends.This should restore some balance to my life!