November 19, 2012

Craft Your Adventure: Replenish Your Soul


Farewell Haiti. It's been less than 24 hours since I've returned from Haiti. I have so much to share, so much to show but  haven't had a chance to really wrap my head around it all. When I've given careful thought and introspection I will dedicate quite a few blog posts about my journey and the plight of the Haitian people.

Today, however, on my way into work, riding the subway like it was just another Monday, I started to get teary eyed. I wasn't thinking of anything in particular just looking around at all the people, crammed like sardines, reflecting on where I had just been which is in total contrast to where I currently am.  

As we approach Thanksgiving I have so much to be thankful and grateful for. My list is endless; clean drinking water, food on my plate everyday, shoes for my feet, a place to live, good health, money in my pocket and all politics aside, our government cares about its people. Trust me. It does.

I've witnessed the kindness of others and as gracious the Haitian community was for us being there and providing simple primary health care they have no idea how grateful and thankful I am for replenishing my soul and faith in others. 

My life is good. I hope to help others feel the same.