October 9, 2012

Craft Your Happiness: 31 Days of Happiness Day 9


Starting today, I am taking a four-week blogging bootcamp class with  Holly Becker of Decor8.  The thought of taking a class like this has been on my mind for a little while but I never found one that was simple enough and yet techie enough to meet my needs. Not to mention finding  a class without a hefty price tag over $500. I'm not quite advanced enough to make that kind of investment so the idea just kind of sat there.

This morning, however,  I read a post from a fellow blogger who reported she was taking this class. I investigated the class, checked out the course outline, felt inspired and took the plunge. My first homework assignment is to write three blog posts this week. Check mark: one completed!

Since I started blogging six months ago I've been increasingly aware of  my limitations, especially as I try and find original content and something interesting to say. Very stressful for something  I set out to do for fun! I'm hoping to make some significant upgrades to my blogs content as well as improve its visual look a wee bit. A snazzy makeover of sorts.

Therefore I'm seeking help from the professionals. I'm excited for the structure of the class which is online (have laptop, can travel), at my own pace (slow) and in the comfort of my own home (snacks and wine, anyone?) This class is also an opportunity to connect with other bloggers, which will be great because right now only my mom and boyfriend read this.

Day 9: Getting smarter makes me happy