October 8, 2012

Craft Your Happiness: 31 Days of Happiness Day 8

Chelsea Handler
Friday night me and my honey were meeting friends for dinner at a local restaurant. On our walk over we passed Elios restaurant. Coming out of the restaurant, to have a cigarette, was none other than Chelsea Handler.

I have a thing for celeb sightings.  I love it. I'm sorry. I know. They're regular people just like you and me. No. They're not. They're thinner, prettier, wealthier and have a  ridiculously cool jobs.

Chelsea walked out of the restaurant with two big fat body guards. When I caught her eye I said, "Hey, it's Chelsea Handler." She looked at me, like "No duh" and in my 13-year-old-giddy-school-girl-voice said, "I love you!"

I think she puked a little bit in her mouth. She said something like, "Yeah hi" turned away and lit her cigarette. It wasn't the reaction I expected, but quite frankly she's Chelsea Handler a bit .. bitchy. I didn't take it personally. (I later found out the restaurant was jam packed with celebs, celebrating Gwyneth Paltrow's 40th bday. Imagine that. Beyonce, Steven Speilberg, Cameron Diaz and the only one I see is Chelsea Handler.)

Farrah Fawcett
It definitely wasn't like the time I told Farrah Fawcett I loved her. She was leaving Elaine's restaurant, I was at the bar. As she passed, I touched her shoulder and said, "Oh Farrah! I just love you." In her her soft, pretty voice, she kindly said "Ohh, thank you, that's so sweet" and glided away on her cloud.

All in all I suppose celebs are regular people some are bitchy people and some are wonderful creatures. It's hard to know who's who.

This is not unlike a parallel process happening in my personal life, trying to decide who's bitchy and who's wonderful. I wish I could have a peek at Santa's list of who's naughty and nice.

Would save me a lot of rejected "I love you's"
Day 8: Happy Celebrities