October 18, 2012

Craft Your Happiness: 31 Days of Happiness Day 18

I'm having a love affair with alcohol. Not Glenn Close, Fatal Attraction kind or Elizabeth Taylor, Who's Afraid of Virginia Wolfe kind either.

It's a sweet, gentle, happy affair filled with lovely bouquets,  beautiful bottles and elegant stemware. The relationship is based on mutual respect for time and place. It's not overbearing or smothering and it's definitely not co-dependent.

Like anything good, too much is disastrous but the right amount is blissful. This relationship is a responsible one.

I'm taking active measures in assembling the perfect bar cart in preparation for the upcoming holidays.  Each item will be carefully selected to create the perfect mix of old-time sophistication; bourbon, whiskey,  scotch and fun and fancy free; flavored vodkas, tequila and assorted liquors.

Partnering each beverage with just the right combination; sodas, juices and puckers is going to involve a carefully selected menu. (I'm sure I will find just the thing on Pinterest)

Tonight I'm going to have a drink to celebrate my sweet niece's 21st birthday!

Day 18: Having a cocktail makes me happy!