October 16, 2012

Craft Your Happiness: 31 Days of Happiness Day 16


Is it possible to be so busy you forget to do something so much so that it didn't even register on your radar? Yesterday I forgot to blog a post, missing a day out of my 31 days of Happiness. (This post is back-dated, I cheated a little)


During the day I was struggling with finding something interesting to write. I decided not to pressure myself  and would write my post when I  had more time to think about something spectacular. Later, I was so excited about other things; blogging homework, pinterest, blog makeover ideas, I forgot. Completely.

What's good about having been busy is the great feeling of being productive. There are times when I have a lot of down time but so much on my plate I can't figure out where to begin, so I don't. Tasks and projects go unfinished and my to-do list looks more like a doodle pad than steps to success. 


Last night, although I forgot to blog, I found inspiration, clarity and completed some other long due tasks. I  began a homework assignment for my blogging class. The assignment is to create a mood board.A mood board is a type of poster that has pitcures, text and samples of objects arranged in a collage. It'll be used to help develop design concepts to revamp my blog.


I'd always wanted to do this but was never organized enough. This kind of project takes time and lots of creativity, which doesn't happen on command.  I turned to Pinterest for inspiration and ideas. While I was there I  did a little housecleaning, changing titles of my boards to give a more cohesive look, which is what I hope to do with this blog. It was a bit of an ah-ha moment.


I had clarity and movement towards a bigger picture. So, although I didn't create a post on the day it was due, I found inspiration which will keep me motivated much longer!


Day 16: Being productive makes me happy!