October 15, 2012

Craft Your Happiness: 31 Days of Happiness Day 15

Pearl Jam
Listening to music is, 100%, hands down, the fastest way to elevate a bad mood. Try it. I did and it worked wonders.

Today there were quite a few things that disrupted my positive energy. It started with a doctors appointment that didn't get under way until long after it was supposed to. They didn't have the medicine I needed, despite having confirming with them last week that they would.
 
When I arrived they told me they didn't have  the medicine, would have to wait for the doctor, get prescriptions from her,  take them to the pharmacy across the street THEN bring the medicine back for her to administer. I was upset. Typically I'm not someone who makes a stink, but today was Monday and I wasn't in a great mood.

After making a bit of a scene and having several people trying to figure out what to do, the office manager "handled" the situation by telling me the person who was responsible for the mix-up was going to get fired. Really? Ridiculous and just a wee bit on the extreme side especially since she didn't even know who I had spoken to.

I left the office with a handful of prescriptions (which I still need to get filled). Not exactly the plan.

Anyway, the day got worse when I threw up in the bathroom at work. I don't know what happened. I took two bites of my lunch, felt of surge of nausea  and .. you get the rest. When I left at the end of the day it was pouring rain.

Where is the happiness, you might wonder? (or not) It came while listening to my IPOD on the walk home from the subway. I selected my Pearl Jam playlist and shifted my energy. It's important to have a bad-mood back-up plan and Pearl jam does it for me. 

Day 15: Pearl Jam makes me happy