October 10, 2012

Craft Your Happiness: 31 Days of Happiness Day 10


I'm in the middle of two simultaneous blogging commitments and hope to keep my obligation to both of them. The first is creating 31 days of Happiness, which requires one blog post per day. So far I'm on target.  

The second is my blogging class homework which requires me to write three posts this week each 250 words with one photo. (The photo included here is actually a lovely notebook)

A few posts ago I started a list of 101 things to complete in 1001 days. My goal this week is to finish this list. For clarification purposes, when I say finish this list, I don't mean complete all 101 items. I mean, I finish making the list. Right now I have 54 items. 

As daunting as lists sometimes are, they inspire me. Most often, but not always my to-do lists have themes; shopping, today's work, lifetime goals (aka bucket), Christmas gifts (both giving and getting!) and so on. 

Once an item has been completed there is a tremendous satisfaction crossing it off and watching the list get smaller. I'm a list junkie. I can't get enough.

Without a to-do list I'd be totally unorganized, without focus and never achieve any of my goals. Even creating a list is an accomplishment.  I have lots of notebooks and small  journals filled with lists. Looking back ont them, not unlike keeping a journal, is like having my own personal time machine.  

It's nice to reflect on things I've  accomplished; running a marathon- which had a HUGE to-do list. As well as  things I never got around to doing; hot air balloon ride (that's off my lists completely, I no longer have interest in accomplishing anything height related)

This week, hovering at the top of my to-list, (aside from my blogging homework) is to complete my 101 in 1001 list.

Pressure on.
Day 10: Happiness is a good list