May 30, 2012

Craft Your DIY Projects: Silhouette art

my version
Inspiration for these silhouette portraits came from Carter Custera who made them as a gift for the 
awesome designer Jonathan Adler
LOVE THEM.
  
They immediately went to the top of my "must have" list, which has now become my "DIY" list. My version didn't require paint or talent for that matter. My medium is more cut and paste. I also didn't add whimsical commentary at the bottom. I didn't have any. Honestly, though, I preferred the clean appearance of my version.
original
What You'll Need:
  • Picture (approximate size 5 x 7)                                                               
  • Scissors
  • Stock paper
  • Pencil   
                                                              

How to Steps:
1. Find a photo and cut out (to make it a stencil)
2. Trace picture onto stock paper
3. Cut out picture
4. Put in picture frame (optional)