May 23, 2012

Craft Your DIY Craft: Custom Wooden Spoons


Why is it that it's not enough that wooden spoons are practical but  must also look cute? Somewhere along my internet travels, I came across all sorts of colorful DIY painted silverware and wooden spoons. Suddenly my ordinary brown, wood items were no longer good enough.

Damn you Pinterest.

When neighbors came over for a visit while I was in the middle of this project, they looked at me like I was nuts.

"Why are you painting wood spoons?"

My answer?

"It's fun".   It is.  Give it a try.

Add stripes, polka dots, glitter. Use your imagination.
 What You'll Need:
  • Wood Spoons
  • Craft paint
  • Foam brushes
  • Tape

How to Steps:
1. Tape your spoons to give a nice clean line.



2. Dip foam brush into paint. Paint handles. Give a couple coats. Let dry. Done.