March 21, 2012

Craft Your DIY Craft: Glitter Lantern


I am officially immersing myself in our cottage community and am the newest member of our Social Hall Decorating Committee! Initially I was afraid of making any summer commitments, fearing it would lead to work and take away from my River Raft II adventures. But who am I kidding? I love this kind of stuff. Sitting around with a group of women hot gluing and decoupaging over a few bottles of wine and gossip? Why would I hesitate? My first idea is a DIY decoration I stumbled on from the blog  “O Happy Day”.  A glitter disco ball!  Since I happen to have thirteen 8”paper lantern balls I purchased on impulse with a Groupon, donating them to our social center relieves me of my spending guilt and goes to a good cause.

What you will need:
1. Chinese paper lantern
2. Glitter glue spray
3. Glitter (I used both Martha Stewart and Recollections (fine) found at Michael's)



 How to Steps:
1. Open lantern according to instructions.
2. Spray glue onto lantern, sprinkle with glitter, repeat lots of times until lantern is fully covered to your liking.